The VMV 2004 is over! Thanks a lot for your participation!!!
See you next year!
Information on available equipment for presentations during the workshop can be found here.
Prospective attendees are invited to submit a paper up to 8 pages in final form.
Only camera-ready versions will be reviewed. Accepted papers will appear in the workshop
proceedings as submitted.
Authors should obtain the authors' kit
(including LaTeX style file).
The authors' kit provides complete information related to the submission process. It is the
intention of the Committee to conduct all communication with authors electronically.
All contributions are published in the proceedings that will be available at the conference.
Please use the following template to prepare your paper:
- Please mark that our templates were updated June, 4th. Pay attention
of using the latest template for your work.
For word template users only:
- Follow the template format (latex or word).
- The contribution must be written in English.
- Please prepare 8 pages (including references and figures).
- Each paper should start with an abstract of about 100-150 words.
- Do not use page numbering, use the number 666 instead (which is generated
automatically by the LaTeX class file included in the authors' kit below).
- All papers are printed in black and white.
- Do not use colored pictures or fonts in your paper.
- You may add one additional page with colored pictures and concerning subtitles
following the template in a separate file which will be included in the
appendix of the proceedings.
Use the printer driver "PostScript" coming along with the template file and configure it in the
- Do not use printer-fonts
- Set PostScript options to Maxmimum Portability
- Set printer paper size to A4
Print to a PostScript-file
What should you submit?
- The LaTeX (or Word) file
- The PostScript version
- Please note:
Your submission should be submitted in the camera-ready version (following the template).
The PS paper size is different from the PDF paper size.
Therefore, make sure that your PS file conforms to our PS sample file.
How should you submit your paper?
- One page with color pictures (with corresponding subtitles) following the template
in a separate file
- Other files needed
Please put both the LaTeX (or Word) file and a postscript file on our FTP server. After you have
uploaded the files on our server, please write a short notification e-mail to
You should assure that the postscript file is complete. If you should use Microsoft Word, all fonts must be
included into the postscript file when printing the paper to a file. Please follow the hints for creating
PostScript files with Microsoft Windows at the end of this guideline. The LaTeX file (or Word Document)
should be archived together with the postscript file and all the pictures using the programs "tar" and
"gzip" (UNIX) or "zip" (DOS). Please name your paper "x_y" -- x_y being your first and surname separated
by underscore -- and put this file in the directory /pub/vmv04/incoming of our FTP server as shown below:
> ftp ftp.mpi-sb.mpg.de
Password: your e-mail address
ftp> cd /pub/incoming/vmv04
ftp> put hans_mustermann.tar.gz
for author "Hans Mustermann" on UNIX like systems, or:
ftp> put h_muster.zip
on a PC with name length restriction
If you do not have access to our ftp server, please send us a floppy disk with the camera-ready
hard copy of your paper. The file should follow the conventions given above.
In case your paper is accepted, please fax:
- Please fax the copyright form to the following fax number: +49 681 9325-499
(Attn: Vision, Modeling and Visualization 2004, The Editors).